Shrimp & Broccoli Casserole
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until just tender.
- Chop broccoli flowerets and cook in a small amount of water of medium heat for about 3 minutes. Drain well and put in a greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Stir in onions and garlic.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and stir in the flour, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and add warmed milk.
- Return mixture to heat; cook and stir until thick and smooth.
- Stir in seasonings, shredded cheese, and chopped shrimp. Cook for about 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle almonds over the broccoli (Remember it? You left it in the pan!)
- Pour cheese mixture over the broccoli and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until light brown in a 350° oven.