Apple Pecan Stuffed Pork Chops
Oh my, these are good! We cooked these one Christmas Eve with red cabbage and corn pudding. Decadent!
6 thick (3/4 inch) pork chops
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup flour
3 Granny Smith apples (peeled and chopped)
3 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 & 1/2 cups bread crumbs (make them yourself by toasting a bit, keeping them a little soft)
4 tbsp milk or half & half
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 tsp sage
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Lightly saute onions and celery in a skillet with olive oil. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Trim fat from pork chops, then split down the center - to the bone.
- Season chops with salt and pepper, then dip each chop in flour.
- In skillet with a bit of olive oil, brown chops lightly on each side.
- To make the stuffing: Mix apples, celery, onion, breadcrumbs, milk butter, pecans, and sage together. Season with a little more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spread the stuffing between the split halves of the pork shops and close with toothpicks.
- Place the pork chops in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.