I've cooked many chocolate chip in my life. Finally - on the eve of a new year - 2020 - I've mastered THE PERFECT chocolate chip cookie!
2 and 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt or 3/4 tsp regular salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup)
(Reduce salt, if you use salted butter.)
1 and 3/4 cups white sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 and 1/4 cups chocolate chips (semisweet) or chopped chocolate
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Melt butter over low heat, remove, then cool for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk white and brown sugar together. Add melted butter and stir with a spatula or spoon for awhile - until the mixture starts to come together a bit.
- Stir in one of the eggs until mixed, then stir in the second egg. Add vanilla and stir.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar and egg mix. Stir together well, then stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Chill bowl of dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease lightly with butter.
- Scoop out with tablespoon onto cookie sheet - about 6-8 per sheet.
- Bake 10-14 minutes, until just turning golden color. Don't overbake.
- Transfer immediately to a wire rack and cool.