So, so easy and just right for breakfast or with dinner. I like to top them with sour cream or applesauce. The best part is using up the mashed potatoes from last night's dinner!
2 cups of COLD mashed potatoes (Best using the Lemon Caper Mashed Potato Recipe!)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 to 2 tbsp flour (amount depends on how thick your mashed potatoes are)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped green onions or chives (not necessary if using the Lemon Caper Mashed Potatoes)
- Beat eggs in a bowl with a fork.
- Stir in the cold mashed potatoes, flour, and any seasonings.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan at medium-high heat.
- Using a large serving spoon, spoon batter into hot oil. Flatten slightly with a spatula. Don't get them too thin or too thick!! You can get about 3 to a skillet.
- Cook about 3 - 5 minutes on each side, peeking to see if they are browned and will flip easily.
- Transfer to an oven-proof greased cookie sheet or plate and set in warm oven while you are cooking the rest.
- Serve warm with marmalade, sour cream, or applesauce.