Read how a crock pot came in very handy during my first days in Uruguay: "The Real Pioneer Woman of Uruguay."
- In a bowl, combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt .
- Crumble cold butter into the mixture with your CLEAN fingers until it's crumbly.
- Gently stir in the milk until combined.
- Butter the bottom and sides of your crock pot.
- Spread the batter into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Spread chopped apples over the top.
- Whisk together: orange juice, honey, 2 tbsp melted butter, 2 tbsp sugar, and cinnamon. Pour this over the apples.
- Place a clean kitchen towel over the top of the crock pot, then put on the lid. The towel keeps drops of condensation from getting into the dessert.
- Cook on high in crock pot until apples are tender, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve warm, preferably with ice cream! HOWEVER, I made this recipe, ate it warm (with no ice cream), and did NOT like it. The next day was a different story, I ate it at room temperature and loved it! When it's cool, the cake layer is prominent and a layer of pudding forms between the cake and the apples. Delish!