This is similar to a Key Lime Pie and to the famous pie made by Guadalajara Bakery in Houston.
1 ½ cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
⅓ cup white sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
(or buy a ready-made one)
For filling and topping:
3 tablespoons Triple Sec liqueur
3 tablespoons tequila
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 ounce size)
2 cups whipping cream - whipped! plus 1 cup more for top
To prepare crust:
- Buy ready-made graham cracker crumbs or process your own in the food processor. You'll need 1 and 1/2 cups of crumbs.
- Stir together with a fork: crumbs, sugar, melted butter, and salt
- Press mixture into an 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Chill for about an hour before using.
- Stir together all filling ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon into the chilled pie crust.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or even overnight.
- When ready to serve, let it sit out for a few minutes, then top with whipping cream and garnish with limes. (If not serving the whole pie at once, spoon out whipping cream on individual pieces.