This German recipe is like a cross between a cake and a cobbler - very moist. I originally got it from my non-German mother! It's a wonderful way to use fresh plums when they're in season.
Directions for küchen:
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- By hand, stir in the eggs, salt, baking powder, and flour.
- Pour batter into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Place plums on top of the batter, with the skin-side facing up.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top of the cake
- Dribble the lemon juice over the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Bake küchen for one hour at 350°. Cool it a bit before removing from springform pan.