4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (Try to find the thickest ones you can.)
8-12 ounce package frozen spinach or 16 ounce package of fresh spinach
2 cloves garlic (chopped fine)
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, goat cheese, or any shredded cheese
2 tbsp butter (unsalted, if you have it)
salt and pepper to taste
dash of paprika
- Thaw frozen spinach in a skillet or pan over low heat, adding chopped garlic. Drain well, and squeeze out juice. If you are using fresh spinach: wash thoroughly, remove stems, and saute' in a little olive oil until done, adding chopped garlic near the end. Let cool to touch, then drain and squeeze out juice, being careful to preserve garlic bits.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese and other cheese with a fork. Put in the drained spinach and mix well with your clean hands.
- Cut a slit in the TOP of each chicken breast, working the knife around carefully to make a pocket. Don't cut all the way through the meat.
- Place stuffed chicken in a casserole dish or baking pan, making sure they are close together, which will help them keep their shape and prevent the filling from spilling out.
- Dot the tops of the chicken with butter pats. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a dash of paprika.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes, basting with pan juices. Check for doneness by poking chicken with a fork to see if juices run clear.
- Serve with Lemon Caper Mashed Potatoes topped with juice from the chicken.