Read how a crock pot came in very handy during my first days in Uruguay: "The Real Pioneer Woman of Uruguay."
- Make 1 and 1/2 inch deep cuts in the top of the tenderloin. Stuff the apple and garlic slices into the cuts.
- If you have apple slices left over, just throw them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In bottom of cooker, place butter (cut into chunks) and olive oil. Place the tenderloin on top of this.
- Rub the tenderloin with a mixture of salt, pepper, cinnamon, and the thyme. (If using rosemary, just lay it on top.)
- Spoon honey over the top over everything.
- I cook on high for 30 minutes, then turn to low for 5 and 1/2 hours - best to leave lid closed.
- When finished, place pork on a cutting board and let rest for 5 - 10 minutes. Serve with rice, potatoes, etc.
- If you wish, you can test the temp of the pork with a meat thermometer to ensure doneness.