A class-act cheesecake recipe from my brother, Charlie Ricker.
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 and 1/2 tablespoons butter
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites (reserve)
2 tablespoons flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups scalded half and half cream (heat in saucepan to a simmer - stir constantly and don't let stick or burn)
strawberries or blueberries for topping
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Put cream cheese, sugar, egg yolks, flour, vanilla, and salt in a mixing bowl and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Turn speed to lowest and gradually pour in: 2 cups of scalded cream.
- In a separate bowl, beat: 4 eggs whites until stiff but not dry. Add to cream cheese mixture and fold in lightly, but thoroughly. (Don't beat.)
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan, set pan on a cookie sheet. Also, put a pan with 1 inch of water on the bottom rack of the stove.
- Bake at 300° for 1 and 1/2 hours. It should still "jiggle" a bit when ready.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.