6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil for sauté
1 and 1/4 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 and 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash black pepper
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup sour cream or heavy cream
1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn
1 (8 ounce) can regular corn, drained well
- Melt butter and set aside to cool just a bit.
- Sauté diced onions and peppers in a bit of olive oil until onions are translucent and peppers are soft. Remove from heat and set aside to cool a bit.
- Combine all dry ingredients with a whisk or fork and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs. Add in the melted butter, sour cream, and both cans of corn. Stir in the dry ingredients and the sautéed vegetables.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish (9 x 13 inch).
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.