2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
2-3 eggs (slightly beaten)
2 Tablespoons cornstarch - dissolved in 1/2 cup COLD water
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
1/4 tsp grated ginger (optional)
chopped green onions (optional)
chopped cooked chicken or shrimp
Serve alone, with rice vermicelli noodles, or with rice.
- In a large soup pot, bring chicken stock and water to a boil over medium heat. (If you're adding additional ingredients - add them now.)
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water, stirring.
- Add cornstarch and water mixture to soup, stirring until thickened and returned to boil.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and SLOWLY drizzle into the soup. Stir soup for a minute or two. Remove from heat.
- Top with chopped green onions and serve immediately. (It's not that great the next day.)