These are soft and almost like cream puffs!!
- Combine water, butter, sugar, and salt in saucepan; bring to boil.
- Add flour all at once, then beat with wooden spoon over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a smooth, thick dough.
- Remove from heat and add eggs one at a time, beating after each until mixture has a satiny sheen.
- Stir in plumped raisins (to plump, cover with hot water; let stand 5 minutes; drain well)
- Drop heaping measuring tablespoonfuls about 2" apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until doubled, golden, and firm. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly.
- (Optional) I like mine with some butter on top! While still warm, gently spread frosting over tops and sides. Makes 20.
2 tbsp butter
1 & 1/2 tbsp heavy cream
- Melt butter over low heat; stir in cream. Remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla. If frosting is too thick, add a little more cream.