2 small poblano chili peppers, roasted, seeded, and peeled
1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1 clove garlic, fine chopped
1 shallot, fine chopped
1 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup fine chopped fresh basil leaves
Zest and juice of one lime
1 additional lime, cut in wedges for garnish
1/2 teaspoon each: salt and pepper
4 snapper fillets (6 - 8 ounces each)
- Char poblano peppers by cutting in half (use gloves), removing seeds, and broiling (skin side up) on a cookie sheet until skin is brown and bubbly. Remove from oven and wrap in aluminum foil; let sit for about 15 minutes. Skin will be easy to peel away - don't worry if you don't get it all.
- Combine charred poblanos, pumpkin seeds, garlic, shallot, and chicken stock in blender; puree for 30 seconds. Pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Lightly brush snapper fillets with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill or broil until done - don't overcook.
- While fish are cooking, whisk cream, chopped basil, lime juice, lime zest, salt and pepper into the poblano sauce.
- Spoon sauce over fish or serve on the side. Garnish with lime wedges.