4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped medium
1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 and 1/4 cups tomato sauce
1 cup salsa - medium, hot, or mild (your choice)
1/2 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 cup corn (frozen or drained from can)
1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. (Don't let it smoke!) Wash chicken and pat dry. Add chicken to skillet and cook about 3 minutes on each side, until slightly browned. Take chicken out of the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Turn heat to medium and add chopped onion and peppers. Sauté until tender (about 5 minutes). Add minced garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Pour tomato sauce, salsa, seasonings, and broth into the skillet and stir. Place chicken back in the skillet and lower heat to simmer. Cook 10 minutes, flip chicken, then cook another 10.
- Add corn, flip chicken and simmer for another 10 minutes, Make sure it's not sticking!
- Serve on top of cooked rice. Top with shredded cheese and cilantro for garnish.